Friday, March 19, 2010

Day...Quite some time later

"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

Okay okay, so I cheated a little bit. I had posted day one, roughly, a month and a half ago. Ashamed by my lack of progress I have copied and pasted my last post into a new blog to give the illusion of commitment to the cause.

With the journalistic skills of conviction bestowed upon me, I could easily type away here and convince you, my loyal readership, that I have been training hard during the past six weeks. I however, will not lie to you. I have not. The closest I came to training was missing a bus and strolling a mile down the road. My research extended as far as having cocktails with Super-fit Stephen who ran a marathon one time. He advised me against it.

Now, despite Stephen's wise words I am determined to struggle on. Partly because this blog is now a college assignment and partly because I really really want to go to Paris in spring.

Alexander Graham Bell once said; "Before anything else, preparation is the key to success".

For most people, I suppose this would mean hiring a personal trainer, maybe even popping into the gym every once in a while. Perhaps even just asking a fit friend for advice.

I am not like most people. I do not have the resources to hire a trainer. I do not care for the gym. I do not want to embarrass myself in front of a fit friend. And so, I consult google.

Exhibit A.

In approximately 15 minutes, I will be fully dressed in my jog-wear, in my kitchen ATTEMPTING these stretches. Except number three, because I can't quite figure out which way the arms are actually going. And perhaps not six either because it just looks a bit crude. Oh and definitely not seven because I know for a fact that I actually cannot do that.

Wish me luck. I will need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment